- AWS Server Migration Service is now available for European customers in the Frankfurt region. It is also available in the GovCloud region of the company, allowing it to be used by government and public sector agencies.
- The Amazon Rekognition and AWS Config Rules services are also available in the GovCloud region.
- Customers in South America now have access to the Amazon API Gateway and AWS Lambda services via the Sao Paulo region.
- CodeCommit is now available from AWS datacenters located in Northern California, Seoul, and London.
- AWS now supports Amazon Inspector in the Northern California region.
- Developers in France, Germany and Spain can now order the AWS IoT Button.
- Amazon Simple Queue Service users can now benefit from the “first in, first out” capability. This preserves the order of messages generated via serverless microservices and is available in the Northern Virginia and Ireland regions.
- Amazon Athena is also supported in AWS’ Ireland datacenters.
- The Sydney region now supports the AWS Step Functions service.
These developments follow AWS’ May announcement that it has significantly increased the availability of its Amazon Lightsail Virtual Private Server (VPS) solution to a total 10 regions around the world. AWS is also working hard to increase its cloud regions, with new infrastructure in Paris and Stockholm, Ningxia, and a second GovCloud area in 2018.